“A bite of Atacama” invites us to discover the best local cuisine and culinary gems of San Pedro de Atacama on a 4 hour walking tour – a great way to spend a delicious and entertaining morning, getting to know local food, discovering new flavours and learning about food heritage as well as culture and history of the Andean region.
Ever had a ‘Rica Rica Pale Ale’? Wonder how a coca leave or chañar ice cream tastes like? Eager to try a Chilean empanada with llama meat? The culinary tour invites you to try delicious varieties of tea, ice cream, lemonade and pisco sour, locally produced jam and honey, one of the best mote con huesillo, handcrafted beer and savoury dishes that combine international and Atacameño cuisine.
The tour centres on 4 key aspects:
- SAMPLE the best local eateries, from small bakeries to iconic food trucks and stands, to the most characteristic restaurants.
- LEARN about food tradition & heritage, as well as the culture and history of the Andean region.
- DISCOVER new flavors, hidden alleyways and best kept secrets of life in the desert.
- ENJOY culinary treasures that represent the extraordinary variety of distinctive products of this region.
Breakfast & refreshing drink
Visit to a craft brewery
Lunch in 2 parts
Dessert and Infusion
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes.
- Sunblock, hat, sunglasses, lip balm.
- A small bottle of water.
For more recommendations Click here